Quest Map and Navigation System for Unreal Engine 4
A downloadable asset pack
This blueprint powered system is an incredibly easy to install, use and customize system that allows designers to quickly set up a UMG backed system of maps and navigation widgets to assist the player in navigating the game world.
• An interactive world map that shows all world locations that the player has previously discovered. Locations can be given their own unique icon, coloring, and can be fast traveled to, with controls in place to limit the players ability to travel to/from specific locations
• The map can be zoomed in and out of and panned to enable easier exploration for the player.
• Dynamic local map system that automatically detects when the player enters a new world location and updates based on information placed in a world location actor. Can be used to show the players movement through the location in real time.
• Player driven custom waypoint system that allows a player to place a waypoint on the world map by clicking which will show up on the HUD to indicate where they should head. Could easily be used for quest waypoints and similar.
• On screen compass, showing directions (North, South, East, West) as well as the custom waypoint location.
All easily configurable to include new/different artwork, extended functionality, and so on. All blueprints are set out in easy-to-read and logical manners to encourage learning and expansion.
Video documentation is available via this YouTube playlist.
Map icon images made by Scott de Jonge from flaticon.com.
Please note that this product is a UE4 asset project and as such requires Unreal Engine 4 to be used. The content contained within is intended for use within Unreal Engine 4 only. Example content provided by Epic Games is strictly limited to use within the Unreal Engine, without exception.
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $24.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.